Do you have a single-family rental property? In that case, you may ponder whether you should engage a Dana Point property management company to aid you to supervise and operate it. But what does a professional property management company even do – and is it worth the cost? This blog post will consider how professional property management works and what a property manager can do for rental property owners. By the end, you’ll better know whether property management is appropriate for you.
What is Property Management?
Professional property management is overseeing and managing a rental property on behalf of the owner. Normally, this may cover assignments and tasks like marketing the property, screening and approving tenants, collecting rent, handling maintenance and repair requests, and more. In the majority of cases, property managers may also be responsible for evictions.
Property management companies usually charge a percentage of the monthly rent as their fee. For example, if your property rents for $1000 per month and the management company charges a 15% fee, you would pay them $150 per month. Some companies also charge additional fees for services such as lease renewals or marketing.
What Does a Property Manager Do?
The job of a property manager can be an eventful and busy one. Property managers are responsible for certain obligations. Some of the most standard works of a property manager compose of:
– Marketing the property: Property managers are responsible for finding tenants for your rental property. This encompasses listing the property on rental websites, showing the property to potential tenants, and screening applications.
– Screening and approving tenants: By the time you have a pool of really interested tenants, it’s up to the property manager to screen them and choose the best candidate. This generally counts as running a background check and verifying their income and employment history.
– Collecting rent: Property managers are answerable for collecting rent from tenants each month. They may additionally tend to late payments, returned checks, and evictions (in some cases).
– Handling maintenance requests: When tenants have a maintenance or repair request, they will submit it to the Dana Point property manager. The property manager is accountable for coordinating with contractors, scheduling repairs, and guaranteeing that the work is performed promptly.
The correct property management companies can even help you effectively optimize your investment properties and grow your portfolio. They offer expert market analyses, beneficial insights into the local rental market, and data-driven recommendations (such as when to raise the rent, which upgrades to make, and more).
Benefits of Hiring a Property Management Company
There are several benefits of hiring a professional property management company. Seemingly the most apparent and vital is that it frees up your time. If you’re managing your rental property yourself, that’s quite a lot of time spent on tasks like marketing the property, executing maintenance requests, and many more. Property managers can tend to all the day-to-day obligations connected with owning and managing a rental property. This can save you time and money while easily letting you focus on other important things in your life.
Other significant benefits of hiring a property management company include:
– Reduced vacancy rates: An appropriate property manager will understand how to market your rental property and screen tenants competently. This can help you fill vacancies swiftly and reduce the time your property is unoccupied.
– Increased rent collection: A property management company can help you collect rent on time. They may additionally help you easily increase your rent prices (in some cases).
– Lower repair and maintenance costs: A property manager will have a network of dependable contractors they partner with and work with regularly. This can aid you to get discounts on repairs and maintenance, including making sure that the work is completed immediately and properly.
– Fewer legal problems: A property manager can help you avoid potential legal issues by adhering to all the crucial laws and regulations. They will similarly know-how and be able to deal with difficult situations, such as evictions, professionally and legally.
If you’re seriously thinking of working with a property management company, ensure to do your research and pick a reputable company that provides the range of quality services you need and want. Real Property Management Agile has over 30 years of experience in single-family rental property management. Contact us online today to understand more about how we can help you successfully manage your properties and grow your investment portfolio.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.